Symptoms of studying architecture (or being an architect)I just got that by email :)
1. You know what glue and balsa taste like.
You had some clothes cut while making a model : )
2. You are asked all the time “and what about this facade?”
3. You have totally changed your vocabulary
4. You can’t understand people who can spend less than 10 minutes in a library.
5. You hate the fact that your parents tell you “go to sleep!!”, “anyway, if you don’t manage to finish, go to bed!!” and even the question “do you have much left to finish?” can irritate you.
6. You are tired of people saying to you “I wanted to be an architect; it was my dream, but...”
7. Your friends who study different things don’t have the same opinion about obligations as you do, always say “do it before the lecture” or “ask it from someone” or even worse “don’t do it”.
8. You have slept more than 20 hours continually in one weekend
9. You can talk with confidence on the containing amount of caffeine in various beverages, as well as on their effectiveness.
10. No matter how much you have tried to do your best project, there will always be someone who will tell you “however don’t put this here and change that” or “you are in a good way, but you are still missing many things....”
11. You have listened to all your CDs and MP3s in less than 48 hours.
12. You haven’t appeared in public without black circles below your eyes.
13. When they suggest going out, then the next question always is “or do you have a project to work on?”
14. You are capable of using anything when building a model.
15. You have danced to “macarena” with chorography at 4 o’ clock in the morning without having had any alcohol at all.
16. You are continuously trying to explain to your professors, of courses which are not about design, why you haven’t completed your exercises.
17. You have more pictures of landscapes and design related objects than of your family...
18. Someone has once told you “your faculty is very relaxing” or “your university is not very difficult” ... and you wanted to kill him.
19. Your worst fears are related to not finishing or not successfully completing a project.
20. You can live without human contact, food or sunlight, but you cannot do without a plotter... it would be a disaster!
21. It is fearful for your parents to use words such as “cute” or “ugly” when you are present.
22. You are not interested in sport cars: a van is the vehicle that can transport larger building models!!
23. You design impressive buildings without having any idea about their cost.
24. You manage to sleep in every place, on keyboards, bags, your classmates, on the floor...
25. Every time you learn a new computer program you think you are kept up to date, but then you understand that there are at least 1000 more designing programs that you still don’t know how to use.
26. When you finally find the time to go out, your thoughts are “how badly designed can those restrooms in the club be! This is not a very good fire exit! The stairs are not...
27. One of the toothbrushes in your bathroom belongs to your classmate and partner in coursework.
28. Your brother thinks he is an only child.